FARTAK Engineering Technical Group has officially started its activity since 2009 with under the legal name “Generation of New Design” (Peydayesh Tarh-e No).
With the aim of developing sustainable and green architecture and in line with assimilating the modern industrial life of today with the natural human habitat as much as possible, this group has focused specifically and professionally on the use of external spaces of the building during the recent years and makes an effort to create modern architecture platforms and engineering and use external spaces of buildings such as the roof, terrace, courtyard, interior and exterior vertical walls, and the building façade so the green space per capita increases.
Forming the organization required for design and supply of materials and implementation, FARTAK is able to design, conduct, and complete projects of green roofs, internal and external green walls, green facades, and landscaping, through Engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) and looks at expanding and developing this culture to contribute, even in small share, to bring about a green change in today's gray world.
Hydroponic Green Wall
The hydroponic green wall is a system in which the plant starts growing on vertical surfaces even though it does not have roots in the soil. A supporting structure with special technical specifications is considered to create a growth bed for the plant. The green wall or vertical garden is one of the most significant novel technologies and an effective tool in creating sustainable green architecture, which has gradually found its place in the big cities of the world today.
Today’s life style along with the impact of the modern urban viewpoint towards the quality of people's lives, have made the design and implementation of vertical and horizontal green spaces and expansion of green spaces as much as possible per capita a social responsibility of the architects, engineers, constructors, and employers of the projects, and we have intended to make this happen in today's construction industry.
Advantages of the Green Wall and Hydroponic Method
- Optimizing energy efficiency considering the thermal insulation
- Sound insulation effective in reduction of noise pollution
- Decrease in air pollution and temperature in urban areas
- Protecting the constructed structure by preventing direct UV radiation and temperature fluctuations
- Expansion of green spaces in the usual way has faced with limitations in terms of land and horizontal spaces as well as high costs due to the high price value of the land, while the expansion of vertical green space is possible and feasible without the said limitations
- The hydroponic green wall is much lighter than other methods since it does not contain the soil
- The hydroponic green wall has an unlimited ground for growth of the plants roots, so the variety of plant species that could be used in this method is much higher than other methods
- Hydroponics method is rather cheaper than others and could be implemented in different geometric shapes